In future, only charges provided by law could be collected from clients of health and social services
WHO supports the development of health innovations in a new way - considers Finland as a pioneer in developing health technologies
Kanta Services to be expanded with patient data from social welfare services and self-produced wellbeing data
- Promoting societal integration and sustainable wellbeing whilst our working life is evolving. The strategic vision has seven strategic priorities.
- Regional government, health and social services reform aims to safeguard future health and social services.
- Every child has the right to grow up in a safe and secure environment, as well as the right to protection and care. Preventive measures and early support to families are of key importance. Read more in Russian.
- The National Advisory Board on Social Welfare and Health Care Ethics ETENE.
- The Advisory Committee on Chemicals is a cooperation body appointed by the Council of State upon the submission of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health for a term of three years.
- The Board for Gene Technology (GTLK) is the competent authority in Finland regarding the use of genetically modified organisms in accordance with the Gene Technology Act.
- The Council for Gender Equality (TANE) works to promote gender equality in society.
- The primary role of the National Committee on Medical Research Ethics (TUKIJA) is to serve as an expert on research ethics.
- The Institutional Repository (Valto) includes the publication series of all Finnish ministries in pdf-format from the beginning of 2016.
Ministry and related authorities
The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health manages the preparation and implementation of Finland’s social welfare and health care policy, gender equality policy and occupational safety and health policy. The purpose of the MSAH is to ensure that everyone has equal opportunity to lead a healthy and safe life. The duties of the MSAH are to promote the health and functional capacity of the population, to promote healthy workplace and living environments, to ensure sufficient social welfare and health care services, to safeguard a reasonable income at various stages in life, and to promote gender equality.
Areas of expertise
The MSAH's administrative sector is wide ranging. It is supported in its work by the expertise of the whole sector's agencies and institutes. There are several independent agencies and institutions in the administrative branch of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health which implement the social welfare and health care policy goals laid out by the Ministry and participate in Government Programme projects. The areas of experties of the MSAH include promotion of welfare, social and health services, income security, insurances, working life and gender equality.