Projects at the MSAH
The content of health and social services was reformed as part of the Government’s key projects in 2016–2018. Reports on the results of the projects will be published in spring 2019.
You can search for legislation projects and working groups using the Search bar.
Information on projects led by other ministries is available on the Government web service
- Statute drafting and development projects within the Government (valtioneuvosto.fi) (In Finnish)
- The objective of the guidelines is to ensure that mental health work will continue in a goal-oriented manner. The guidelines would extend to the year 2030.
- In personalized medicine, the promotion of health and the planning of treatment of diseases are based on highly specific information, such as data on the individual's genetic makeup.
- The goal is to generate and conduct broad-based discussion on child and family policy and to make the Finnish society more child and family-friendly.
- Programme (#hyteairo) will support and speed up the utilisation of artificial intelligence and robotics.
- Objective: Services for children, young people and families will form a package that better meets clients’ needs.
- Objective: Older people and informal caregivers and family carers will have more equal and better coordinated services.
- Objective: People with partial capacity for work will remain at work or find employment on the open labour market.
- Objective: Inequalities in health and wellbeing will be reduced by adopting best practices, among other measures.
- Objective: Healthcare and social welfare services will form packages that are responsive the client needs.