Senior Civil Servants
The highest ranking public servant in the ministry is Permanent Secretary Veli-Mikko Niemi.
The Permanent Secretary leads, develops and oversees work in the ministry and its administrative sector. Her responsibilities include
- the ministry’s activities, ensuring effective performance
- the quality of legislation drafting
- the coordination of drafting within the ministry and cooperation with other ministries
- the management and development of the ministry’s HR function and other internal administration
- the preparation and monitoring of the goals of the ministry's administrative sector
- the organisation of the administrative sector and its development
- the security and preparedness of the ministry and its administrative sector.
Directors General are in charge of managing their departments. Heads of separate performance groups are in charge of managing their groups.