Register and information system descriptions
When the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health processes personal data in the Government’s shared information systems , the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health and the Prime Minister’s Office are joint controllers. Such shared information systems include: the case management systems Doktori and VAHVA, the EU affairs case management system EUTORI, the Government’s project management tool Gateway to Information on Government Projects, the Government intranet Kampus, the Government electronic decision support system PTJ, the Government’s service order and management system Virkku, and the Government's joint publication platform YJA.
The Government has determined the responsibilities of each joint controller. The Prime Minister's Office and other ministries are responsible for ensuring that your personal data are processed in accordance with the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation and the applicable national legislation. Regardless of joint controllership, a legal basis must exist for the disclosure of personal data between ministries.
The Prime Minister’s Office and all ministries bear responsibility for their own official activities, including the accuracy of data and the implementation of the rights of data subjects, i.e. our customers. In addition, the Prime Minister's Office is responsible for the following data protection issues with respect to the shared information systems:
- ensuring that the technical solutions have a legal basis for processing personal data in accordance with the data protection legislation
- ensuring an appropriate level of security and guaranteeing the confidentiality of services
- ensuring that contracts with processors have been concluded in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. For more information about the processors of personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
- ensuring that the systems comply with data protection principles
- carrying out the necessary data protection impact assessments.