The Communications Unit is in charge of the internal and external information and communications of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health and the related work with stakeholders. The Ministry's communications activities support the objectives laid down by the Ministry's strategy and the Government Programme.
The Communications Unit supports open and equitable sharing of information in order to implement the principle of public access in the Ministry's activities. The aim is to inform about matters proactively, systematically, clearly, inclusively and effectively.
- supports management by information, strategic guidance and the work with stakeholders
- gives an overview of the objectives, policies and activities of the Ministry
- supports the Ministry's departments and units in their communications activities and influencing
- develops the communications activities of the Ministry's administrative branch as a whole
- guides the Ministry's online communications and publication activities.
The unit is led by Director of Communications Unit Eeva Larjomaa.
Media service number : +358 295 163 555
This service number to the Communications Unit of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health is at the service of the media Mon–Fri from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Personnel and duties
Eeva Larjomaa, Director of Communications Unit, tel. 295 163 132
Sari Siniketo, Communications Secretary, tel. +358 295 163144
Anu Koivusipilä, Communications Specialist, p. 0295 163 316
- growth strategy for the health sector, personalized medicine
Anne Koskela, Communications Specialist, tel. +358 295 163 135 [anne.j.koskela(at)stm.fi]
- coordination of web communications, working life
Krista Kukkanen, Communications Specialist, tel. +358 295 163 350
- insurance matters, matters relating to drugs
Sanna Leinonen, Communications Specialist, tel. +358 295 163 136
- health and social services
Milla Meretniemi, Head of Daily Communications, tel. +358 50 471 5214
Riikka Nurmi, Head of Communications, tel. +358 50 411 8132
- health and social services reform, growth strategy for the health sector (genome centre, biobanks, Act on Secondary Use of Health and Social Data)
Anne-Sofie Pesola, Communications Specialist, tel. +358 295 163 625
- gender equality
Minna Rantala, Communications Specialist, tel. +358 295 163 042
- health and social services reform
Leena Salonen, Communications Specialist, tel. +358 295 163 077
- promotion of wellbeing and health, corporate communications, crisis communications
Kimmo Vainikainen, Communications Specialist, tel. +358 295 163 423
- web communications, video production
Mariina Cervera Linan, Coordinator, tel. +358 295 163 249
- web services
Nina Palin, Communications Coordinator, tel. +358 295 163 141
- coordination of publications, web communications, image bank
Sirpa Kemppinen, Communications Secretary, tel. +358 295 163 747