Management Support Unit
The Management Support Unit assists and supports the Permanent Secretary’s activities in the Government’s strategy process, in the preparation of objectives for the Ministry and its administrative sector and in the development, implementation and monitoring of wide-ranging issues.
The Management Support Unit
- is responsible for the Ministry Group’s strategy work and foresight work in the Ministry’s administrative sector
- steers and monitors the implementation of the Government Programme in the Ministry
- coordinates overall Ministry Group steering in the Ministry
- leads development of the Ministry’s activities and management system
- together with departments, coordinates and develops the Ministry’s drafting of statutes and assessment of the effect of statutes
- supports and monitors the Ministry’s sociopolitical decision making by producing reports and analyses
- coordinates research and development in the administrative sector
- as part of the Government, is responsible for the preparation of EU affairs and other international cooperation and international commitments in the Ministry’s sector
Groups and personnel of the Unit
The Management Support Unit includes two groups. The Management Support Unit is headed by Liisa-Maria Voipio-Pulkki.
In the Ministry, the Strategy Group prepares and implements:
- the Ministry Group’s strategic planning, preparation and implementation in the Ministry’s administrative sector
- future and foresight work at the Government level,
- the Government’s joint strategy process and the monitoring and steering of the Government Programme’s implementation,
- overall Ministry Group steering,
- coordination and development of legislative drafting, and monitoring and development of the quality of law drafting,
- coordination of extensive development tasks and projects,
- development of the Ministry’s activities and management system,
- development of and support to management group working carried out by the Ministry, the Ministry Group and the ministers.
Director Liisa-Maria Voipio-Pulkki
- follows up health and social policy, carries out policy analyses and participates in planning. Maintains monitoring indicators and analysis tools
- supports and coordinates the assessment of the impact of legislation and participates in the development of the assessment
- coordinates and develops statistical information and production of statistics in the administrative sector, and participates in relating international activities
- OECD cooperation relating to the administrative sector, as far as it concerns the Employment and Social Affairs Committee
- coordinates research and development in the administrative sector and influences the intersectoral and EU cooperation relating to science policy
- is in charge of Government's joint analysis, assessment and research activities (TEAS) for the part the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health and coordinates the activities.
- participates in the monitoring of international economic policy and related cooperation relating to the administrative sector, for example with regard to the EU's Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF), OECD's joint public government reviews and the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Director Raija Volk