Finland's Presidency of the Nordic Council of Ministers in 2021
Finland is the President of the Nordic Council of Ministers in 2021. The Nordic Council of Ministers is the official body for inter-governmental co-operation in the Nordic Region. It seeks Nordic solutions wherever and whenever the countries can achieve more together than by working on their own.
Finland’s presidency programme is based on the vision for Nordic co-operation, which states that the Nordic Region shall be the most integrated and sustainable region in the world. Furthermore, the programme for 2021 draws up guidelines for active co-operation on the creation of a greener, more competitive, and more socially sustainable Nordic Region.
The COVID-19 pandemic will have continue an effect in 2021, posing new challenges to co-operation.
- The Finnish Presidency Programme: The Nordics, together, Finland's Presidency 2021
- The Finnish Presidency #Norden2021 @Norden2021 (Twitter)
Meetings, seminars and webinars
- Nordic Online Conference: Gender-based Hate, Threat and Harassment on the Internet, 10-11 June 2021
- Nordic Online Conference: Promoting Gender Equality in Early Childhood Education and Care – Knowledge and Tools, 7 September 2021
- Nordic Summit on Mental Health 2021, 18-19 November 2021