The EU Digital COVID Certificates, including a vaccination certificate, test certificate and certificate of recovery, are available form My Kanta Pages.
- The EU COVID-19 vaccination certificate will be visible in your My Kanta Pages once you have been vaccinated. The certificate shows the name of your last vaccine, the date it was administered and the number of vaccine doses you have received.
- The EU COVID-19 test certificate will be visible in your My Kanta Pages once you have undergone a COVID-19 test and the result has come back. The certificate in the My Kanta Pages is based on the results of your most recent test.
- The EU certificate of recovery from COVID-19 will be visible in the My Kanta Pages once you have recovered from the disease and your COVID-19 infection has been confirmed with a positive PCR test result. There are two types of COVID-19 tests: PCR tests and rapid diagnostic test (antigen tests). A rapid test result is not sufficient proof of recovery from COVID-19.
In the future, the My Kanta Pages will contain COVID-19 certificates as well as certificates of other vaccinations. In this way, the functionalities and certificates now created in the My Kanta Pages would be available even after the COVID-19 pandemic. The functionalities in the My Kanta Pages would therefore be permanent.
Read more about the COVID-19 certificates on THL’s website:
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate (thl.fi)
- More information on the COVID-19 certificate and logging in to the My Kanta Pages (kanta.fi)
Read about the COVID-19 passport:
- Frequently asked questions and answers concerning the COVID-19 passport, and instructions for requesting the COVID-19 passport (EU Digital COVID Certificate) at My Kanta
- Frequently asked questions and answers concerning COVID-19, COVID-19 restrictions and the COVID-19 passport on the website of the Regional State Administrative Agency
- Information and frequently asked questions and answers about the COVID-19 passport reader (Digital COVID Certificate reader) on the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
Save certificate on your mobile device or print it out
How to get your certificate from the My Kanta Pages:
- Log on to your My Kanta Pages at kanta.fi using the identification token of your choice, such as online banking codes or mobile certificate.
- Select ‘Koronatodistus’ (COVID-19 certificate) from the left-hand menu. There is also a direct link to the certificate section on the front page of the My Kanta Pages.
- Click on the pdf link to open the COVID-19 certificate. If you have a certificate, it will open in a new tab.
- Save the pdf file on your mobile phone or other device. You can also print it out on paper.
You can show the EU COVID-19 vaccination certificate on your mobile device or print it out. The information in the EU COVID-19 vaccination certificate is in three languages, Finnish, Swedish and English. The certificate is free of charge.
You can also authorise someone else to use the My Kanta Pages on your behalf.
You can ask your healthcare provider to give you a COVID-19 certificate in printed form if you do not use the My Kanta Pages and you do not authorise anyone to use it on your behalf.
The EU Digital COVID Certificate is also available for people who have had COVID-19 and received one vaccine dose. In these cases, the Certificate will contain the entry 1/1 under “Number in a series of vaccinations/doses”.
People previously infected with COVID-19 who have received one vaccine dose may continue to use the EU certificate of recovery from COVID-19 also as the EU Digital COVID Certificate and the COVID-19 passport. This certificate will be valid for 180 days after the person has received a positive test result for COVID-19.
Paper certificates also available from healthcare providers if necessary
The My Kanta Pages customer service provides general advice on the COVID-19 certificates and helps with technical problems, but they cannot correct the information included in the certificate.
If a person is unable to get the certificate from the My Kanta Pages, they must contact their healthcare provider and request a certificate in printed form. Persons who do not have access to their My Kanta Pages or cannot for some reason authorise another person to use it on their behalf may obtain a paper version of the certificate from their healthcare provider.
People who have been either vaccinated against or tested for COVID-19 in Finland but who do not have a Finnish personal identity code can get a certificate from their healthcare providers that meets the EU requirements.
You can use the COVID certificates when crossing borders within the EU
All three types of the EU Digital COVID Certificate can be used when crossing borders within the EU. The aim is to facilitate safe and free movement. Each EU Member State can decide for itself on other uses of the certificate.
The Finnish vaccination certificate is easy to get and use, as you can show it on your mobile device or print it out. The certificate is free of charge.
You do not need to contact a healthcare professional to get the certificate: the certificate will be created automatically in the My Kanta Pages. In this way, healthcare resources can be used elsewhere.
Once the EU Digital COVID Certificates are in use, they are easy to check in other EU Member States, because they have the same content across the EU. Each Member State can decide what certificates they require from incoming travellers and how many vaccine doses the travellers need to have received. Under the EU regulation, Member States must accept the EU Digital COVID Certificate if they accept other similar certificates.
Travellers must check requirements of their destination country
Before travelling, it is important to find out which EU Digital COVID Certificate is needed to cross the border of your destination country. Before travelling, you should also check the COVID-19 situation in your destination and, before returning home, you should check the situation in Finland and take care to follow the latest recommendations. The Re-open EU website (reopen.europa.eu) compiles information on travel instructions and restrictions in place in the EU Member States.
COVID-19 tests carried out for the purpose of travelling abroad are administered by private healthcare providers. These COVID-19 tests are subject to a fee. The EU COVID-19 test certificate will appear in the My Kanta Pages regardless of whether your test was carried out by a private or public healthcare provider. Tests undergone upon return to Finland are administered by public healthcare services and are therefore free of charge. Please book your return test in advance using the FINENTRY service, for example.
Exercise special caution when travelling in general. The COVID-19 situation in different countries and regions may change abruptly.
Travellers are responsible for determining the criteria for the validity of COVID-19 test results in their destination country The validity of the test result begins at the time of sampling or at the beginning of the day on which the sample was taken.
- According to the recommendation in the EU Regulation, people who have received a negative test result may travel 48 hours after sampling in the case of a rapid test and 72 hours after sampling for a PCR test.
- The recommendation states that a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 may be valid 11 days at the earliest and 180 days at the latest after the person has received a positive COVID-19 test result.
- The COVID-19 vaccination certificate is valid for 12 months.
Project implementation and responsibilities
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare is responsible for the implementation and scheduling of the project.
The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health has the overall responsibility for the project. It is also responsible for the legislative and international work involved.
The Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela) implements the COVID-19 vaccination certificate and makes the necessary changes to the My Kanta Pages. It is responsible for customer services for the My Kanta Pages and for informing the public about the new certificate.
Inquiries from the public about COVID-19 certificates in the My Kanta Pages
- My Kanta Pages customer service: [email protected]
- Note: The customer service for the My Kanta Pages cannot check or correct people’s personal health data. In such cases, please contact the healthcare unit that treated you.
Errors or shortcomings in COVID-19 certificates:
- Healthcare services: the organisation that administered the vaccine or conducted the COVID-19 test
Certificate requirements of foreign countries and the certificate practices of ship operators and airlines:
- the COVID-19 websites of the destination country or the website and customer service channels of the ship operator or airline
- Re-open EU (europa.eu)
More information for the media
We ask the media to contact the centralised communications channels of organisations according to the following division of responsibilities:
Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela): [email protected]
My Kanta Pages and the issuing of COVID-19 certificates in the My Kanta Pages
Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare: [email protected]
National Vaccination Register maintained by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare, registering by professionals, regional coverage of information, operating models in healthcare, vaccines administered abroad, paper certificates, validator app
Ministry of Social Affairs and Health: [email protected]
funding of the COVID-19 certificate, overall plan, technical specifications, legal issues, EU preparation, uses of the certificate, certificates as part of entry into the country, prevention of COVID-19 in cross-border traffic, model for entry into the country, practices in other countries, Communicable Diseases Act, government proposal on mandatory health checks at borders
- More information on the COVID-19 certificate and logging in to the My Kanta Pages (kanta.fi)
- FAQ on COVID-19 vaccination certificate (thl.fi)
- More information about the guidelines and restrictions on travelling in EU Member States: Re-open EU (europa.eu)
- Travel advice from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (um.fi), information in Finnish and Swedish
- FINENTRY (finentry.fi)
- Coverage of information required for the COVID-19 vaccination certificate in the My Kanta Pages (thl.fi), information in Finnish