Adolescent Health and Lifestyle Survey: smoking and drinking among young people no longer decreasing
- Service choices in healthcare refer to the range of healthcare services financed from public funds.
- The Council for Gender Equality (TANE) is a parliamentary council that works to promote gender equality in society.
- The primary role of the National Committee on Medical Research Ethics (TUKIJA) is to serve as an expert on research ethics.
- The Advisory Board on Biotechnology is a consultative body of experts in issues related to bio- and gene technology.
- The Advisory Board for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities is the national coordinating mechanism for the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- The competent authority in Finland regarding the use of genetically modified organisms in accordance with the Gene Technology Act.
- A cooperation body appointed by the Council of State upon the submission of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health for a term of three years.
Ministry and related authorities
The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health manages the preparation and implementation of Finland’s social welfare and health care policy, gender equality policy and occupational safety and health policy. The purpose of the MSAH is to ensure that everyone has equal opportunity to lead a healthy and safe life.
The administrative branch of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health includes several independent institutions and agencies. Some of them produce research data for bill drafting and as a basis for social and health policies and decision-making. Some of the government agencies act as licence and supervisory authorities.