Topics of the EU ministerial meeting: economy of wellbeing and impact of climate action on employment
Finnish healthcare and social welfare system provides a variety of e-services to citizens – and presses on towards the next level of usability and interoperability for professionals
- Promoting societal integration and sustainable wellbeing whilst our working life is evolving. The strategic vision has seven strategic priorities.
- The National Advisory Board on Social Welfare and Health Care Ethics ETENE discusses general principles in ethical issues in the field of social welfare and health care.
- A cooperation body appointed by the Council of State upon the submission of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health for a term of three years.
- The competent authority in Finland regarding the use of genetically modified organisms in accordance with the Gene Technology Act.
- The Council for Gender Equality (TANE) is a parliamentary council that works to promote gender equality in society.
- The primary role of the National Committee on Medical Research Ethics (TUKIJA) is to serve as an expert on research ethics.
- The Institutional Repository (Valto) includes the publication series of all Finnish ministries from the beginning of 2016.
Ministry and related authorities
The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health manages the preparation and implementation of Finland’s social welfare and health care policy, gender equality policy and occupational safety and health policy. The purpose of the MSAH is to ensure that everyone has equal opportunity to lead a healthy and safe life.
Areas of expertise
The MSAH's administrative sector is wide ranging. The areas of experties of the MSAH include promotion of welfare, social and health services, income security, insurances, working life and gender equality.