Health and welfare services meets startups
Sosiaali- ja terveysministeriö
Aika: to 30.11. klo 11.30– 14.30
Slush 2017 Side Event
Ministry of Social Affairs and Health (MSAH) invites growth companies and health and welfare service system organizations to accelerate their cooperation at Slush 2017 Side Event.
Session 1: Opportunities and support for Health Tech startups
- 11:30 Opening: Welcome to Finland – The world’s best platform for Health Tech innovations
- Opening by Annika Saarikko, Minister of Family Affairs and Social Services
- Senior Adviser Hannu Hämäläinen, MSAH - How the legislation can help start-ups?
- Chairman of the board Veli Mäkelä, HealthTechFinland – Health tech industry and the start-ups
- 11:40 Practical tips for collaboration with healthcare and welfare organizations
- HUS, The Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa - Chief development officer Visa Honkanen
- Accenture - Jitendra Kavathekar, Managing Director, Accenture Ventures - Open Innovation
- Mehiläinen Plc - Director Ossi Laukkanen
- Testbeds - Project manager Timo Alalääkkölä, Oulu University Hospital
- Startup commentary by Jaakko Laukkanen, KaikuHealth
- 11:50 Kanta ecosystem and Kanta PHR for a start-up: why you should join, and how?
- Kanta PHR: what are benefits for start-ups? Consulting officer Teemupekka Virtanen, MSAH
- Concrete examples of Kanta PHR: Aki Puustjärvi, Terveyskylä and Jaakko Korhonen, ODA
- Your turn: ask the experts! You can enquire about the possibilites, challenges and technical issues from the Kanta PHR experts
- Teemupekka Virtanen and Jari Porrasmaa MSAH, Konstantin Hyppönen Kela, Aki Puustjärvi Terveyskylä and Jaakko Korhonen ODA
- 12:20 Collaboration proposals to startups: reverse pitch
- Open data - Development manager Antti Tuomi-Nikula, THL
- Utilization of functioning data from Kanta services - Senior researcher Heidi Anttila, THL and research manager Minna-Liisa Luoma
- National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health Valvira - Senior Officer Nelli Karhu
- Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation Tekes - Programme manager Kari Kataja and Chief Adviser, Startups Merja Hiltunen
- Biobanks - Acting CEO Johanna Arola, FinBioBank FINBB
- Apotti sandbox - Ilkka Tiainen, Apotti
- Proposals from welfare sector non-governmental organizations
- Collaboration platform for startups working in social innovations - Markus Raivio, Kukunori ry
- Join our mission to develop technology age friendly - Sanna Kaijanen, Valli ry
- A web based program for learning disabilities - Johanna Nukari, Kuntoutussäätiö
- Spiral board game for mobile app - Kati Peltonen, Kuntoutussäätiö
- Maarit Lassander, Mielenterveysseura
- Every kid needs a grandmom, also in internet - Marja Pakarinen, Ehyt ry
- Collaboration with Microsoft - Director, Health, Hanna Nikkilä
- Collaboration with Nokia - Director, Digital Health, Nokia Technologies Matti Vänskä
- 12:40 Winners of the reverse pitch announced and awarded
- Startup judges Mikael Rinnetmäki, Sensotrend, Kristiina Tolvanen, Nightingalehealth and Jaakko Laukkanen, KaikuHealth
Networking: Startups meet the welfare and healthcare ecosystem
- 12:50 Networking & Light lunch: continue the discussion by the stands of: (simple barrel stands for various stake holders)
- National authorities
- Startup accelerators
- National Programs
- Public and private service providers
- Non governmental organizations
- Technology companies
Session 2: How to shine together with startups?
- 13:50 Hyvinvointihack & THL Health Profile Hack prize ceremony
- Hyvinvointihack - Goverment’s key project manager Anja Noro, MSAH and CEO Marianne Dannbom, Sanoste
THL Health Profile Hack - CIO Pekka Kahri, THL and Andreas Heiner, Me on a Mountain -team
- 14:00 Elements of successful collaboration with startups
- Startup perspective on collaboration with the public sector - Virve Ilkka, HealthSPA
- Experiences on the digitalisation of elementary healthcare patient flow management, Case Vantaa - Petteri Hirvonen, Klinik ja Rauni Kudia, City of Vantaa
- 14:20 Design competition and wrap up
- Health and wellbeing app design competition - Consulting officer Jari Porrasmaa, MSAH
Event is hosted by Baba Lybeck.
Please note, that there aren't chairs available in the event.
The event is invite only, but will be streamed: http://videonet.fi/stm/
Expected key takeaways from the event
- Concrete co-operation propositions from the healthcare and welfare service organizations to startups
- Actual and entertaining discussion about the role of public and private digital platforms in this industry
- Networking with key stakeholders in Finnish healthcare and welfare industry
- Possibility to evaluate and give feedback to national and regional government – please help us to create start up friendly society!
This is the place to be for all startups working to revolutionize this industry with digital solutions!
The event is organized by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health (STM), the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (Työterveyslaitos), the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela), the Finnish Innovation Fund (Sitra), Finnish Biobanks, the National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health (Valvira), HealthTech Finland, HealthSpa, the Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa (Tekes) — the Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation, and groups working on the Health, Social Services and Regional Government Reform.
Mariel Häkkinen, Secretary, tel. +358 2951 63598, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kohderyhmät Julkinen hallinto Kuntasektori Media Muut Valtionhallinto Yritykset