Quality recommendation aiming to guarantee high-quality ageing and improve services
Together with the Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities, the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health has issued a quality recommendation, which strives to guarantee high-quality ageing and effective services for those older people in need of them.
- Quality recommendation to guarantee a good quality of life and improved services for older persons 2017–2019 (Publications 2017:6, in Finnish)
The revised quality recommendation replaces the previous quality recommendation from 2008 concerning the implementation of the Act on Supporting the Functional Capacity of the Ageing Population and on Social and Health Care Services for Older People.
- Act on Supporting the Functional Capacity of the Older Population and on Social and Health Services for Older Persons (Finlex)
The primary goal of the recommendation is to assist municipal policy-makers and leaders in the development and evaluation of services for the older population. The producers of social and health services, professionals in the field and third sector actors can also utilise the recommendation in their own activities.
The main contents of the recommendation are:
- participation and agency
- living and living environment
- guaranteeing ageing that is as healthy and functional as possible
- the right services at the right time
- the structure of services
- guarantors of treatment and care
All the content areas have their own recommendations, which apply to both the population and individual level. Their implementation is monitored nationwide as well as locally.
The quality recommendation was prepared in a broad-based working group.